This weekend starts the 3rd Annual Metropolitan Opera Summer HD Festival. The event is held from August 27th – September 5th. Back in January I was able to attend La Boheme at the Metropolitan Opera and it was an absolutely amazing performance! I really hope I can make it out to one of screenings they have available. Carmen is on my list of operas to see.
This event is being held at the Lincoln Center Plaza. There will be approximately 2800 seats available on a first come, first serve basis. All of the screenings are free and do not require a ticket. You might want to get there early to ensure that you are able to grab a seat.
Here is the full schedule:
- August 27th – Donizetti’s Don Pasquale @ 8pm
- August 28th – Verdi’s Simon Boccanegra @ 8pm
- August 29th – Gluck’s Iphigenie en Tauride @8pm
- August 30th – Puccini’s La Rondine @ 8pm
- August 31st – Adam’s Nixon in China @ 7:45pm
- September 1st – Bizet’s Carmen @ 7:45pm
- September 2nd – Puccini’s La Fanciulla Del West @ 8pm
- September 3rd – Mussorgsky’s Boris Godunov @ 7:15pm
- September 4th – Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor @ 8pm
- September 5th – Verdi’s Don Carlo @ 7:15pm