At the end of May I’ll be hitting the streets of Toronto to explore, then attending TBEX (Travel Blogger Exchange Conference)! This will be my first blogging conference, and I’m really excited to learn ways to improve my blogging skills, meet and network with fellow travel bloggers, and to have an opprotunity to meet and network with companies interested in working with bloggers.
I’ve taken care of my registration, now I just need to set up my hotel and flight. I was thinking about driving (I’m always up for a roadtrip), but I don’t want to spend 8-9 hours in the car to get to Toronto and only be there for 3 days.
Pre-Conference To Do List:
- Define my blog….my niche in the travel blog world
- Practicing pitching A Girl Travels
- Order new business cards
- Build my media kit
I want to be able to provide you with great products, inspire you to take new adventures, and to build my network so my goals while I’m at the conference are to:
- Meet and network with fellow travel bloggers
- Meet tourism boards who are interested in showing off local’s favorite spots (places that make people want to stay in, and move to, said destinations).
- Network with people looking for writers and photographers.
- Meet companies who offer unique travel/adventures/products that would like to sponsor posts on A Girl Travels
- Talk with tourism boards interested in providing press trips to promote new destinations or events that are not popular with tourists yet (or promote sides of destinations that tourists rarely see).
I’m very excited to be attending the conference this year, and to have the opportunity to explore Toronto. Do you have any recommendations on things I should do while in Toronto? What types of things would you like to read more about on the blog?
Love AGT :)