That moment after you’ve returned from traveling, things have died down, you’ve settled back into your normal routine and you have no upcoming trips planned. Wine
bottle glass or morning coffee in hand your mind wanders off to past adventures…..and then it hits you. Travel withdrawals.
Since my return from Europe, Boston, and DC my available vacation days from work have drastically diminished. In the Coast Guard (this goes for all military branches) you earn 2.5 days a month/30 days a year of vacation. I, of course, never hesitate to use my time to explore and see the world. After those last few trips though, I have 4 vacation days available. Yep 4 whole days. With trips to Arizona, Florida, and Costa Rica in the works for early 2014. I have to conserve my vacation days and allow them to build up again.
Last night at work during downtime the topic was travel- cruising, quick jet-setter trips, and weekend getaways. All that travel talk sparked the flame that burned all night as I reviewed my scheduled and eagerly began planning my next travel adventure. I will be maximizing my days off exploring the 5 boroughs in NYC and road-tripping to nearby cities – with the first stop being Montauk, NY tomorrow to explore the area and visit the lighthouse. I LOVE exploring lighthouses, they have such a majestic beauty and so much history. The Montauk Lighthouse has been on my travel list for a while, and this is the perfect time of the year to visit. Beach towns in the fall during the off season are so relaxing and you really have the opportunity to chat with locals, shop local stores and boutiques, and enjoy the town. This is going to be a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle, especially with the New York City Marathon going on all day tomorrow. I’m so excited to get on the road!
How are you spending your weekend? Staycation? Road-trip? Jet-setting to a new place?
Wishing you safe and happy travels! -xo AGT
Europe was an adventure! From Germany to Paris to Rome I was on the move and loving every second of it, and the best part is I didn’t have to be concerned with being weighed down by beauty products and my hair looked fantastic with little to no work!
Thanks for sharing what’s in your travel beauty bags! Here’s what’s in mine:
- Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme
- Lasio “Hypersilk” Advanced Serum
- The Body Shop Leave in Conditioner/Detangle Spray
- Origins – A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser
- Origins – A Perfect World Aging Defense Skin Serum
- Origins – A Perfect World Firming Eye Moisturizer
- Origins – A Perfect World SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer
- Urban Decay – Naked Palette
- Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Primer
- Yves Saint Laurent – Lipstick #31
- Fresh – Tinted Lip Treatment in Plum
- Milan – Extreme Liquid Eye Liner
- Maybelline – Colossal Volume Express Mascara
I usually try choose between either Silver or Gold for a trip, unless there will be a number of glam events and I need to mix it up. I’ll bring one watch, 2 necklaces, a bracelet or two, and a couple of earrings to choose from. I try to keep it light incase something catches my eye to add to my collection during my travels. Here are some of my “go to” favorites:
I’m already counting down the days until my next adventure, but until then I want to giveaway some fab travel products for you to use on your next travel adventure.
The Giveaway: A Beauty Travel Bag
Sponsored by me for
You and Him
- Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme (beauty balm for hair)
- Lasio “Life is a Beach” Shampoo (sample)
- Lasio “Take me Away” Conditioner (sample)
- Lasio “Hypersilk” Revitalizing Mask (sample)
- Evian Face Spray – great for rehydrating your face after a long flight and during winter travels
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve – awesome for your face, lips, elbows, knees, etc..
- Marc Jacobs “Daisy” Shower Gel and Lotion
- Shea Moisture – Three Butters Lotion
- Shea Moister – Tea Tree After Shave and Bump Preventer
- Man Up Products – Dynamite Detox Face Scrub (sample)
- Man Up Products – Moisturizing Souffle (sample)
- Chrome Sport Shower Gel
How to Enter: Leave a comment below when you have completed each
- Answer the question: What do you do to lighten your travel load?
- Follow A Girl Travels on Facebook
- Follow A Girl Travels on Pinterest
- Follow A Girl Travels on Twitter and tweet “Enter to Win a #Travel Beauty Bag for your next trip from @agirltravels”
Deadline to enter is November 13th @ 11:59pm
Wishing you safe and happy travels! -xo AGT
One of my favorite charity events of the year happens every October, the New York Chapter Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s ‘A Prom to Remember, hosted by the Young Professionals Leadership Committee. Its a wonderful for everyone thats been supporting and are being supported by the foundation to celebrate another year of life, love, and laughter.
So why a Prom to Remember?
The prom-themed event was established by a group of young professionals who brainstormed ways to fundraise for the CFF. One member of the committee, diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (CF), mentioned that she never had the opportunity to attend her high school prom, due to illness. Since then, the YPLC has been throwing its annual prom the focus of raising money to find a cure. This year’s prom was held at 230 Fifth on the Rooftop, boasting spectacular views of city, a rocking DJ, an open bar of wine, beer, and top shelf liquors, and of course a Photo Booth :) So I put on my “prom dress” and made my way to the city to dance the night away with friends in support of CFF and another amazing year.
About Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
CF is a life-threatening, inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the US (70,000 worldwide). An additional 10 million more—or about one in every 31 Americans—are carriers of the defective CF gene, but do not have the disease. The predicted median age of survival for a person with CF is the late 30s. The steady rise of the median predicted age of survival suggests that improvements in treatment and care are advancing the lives of those with CF.For more info on how you can help visit www.cff.org
Until Next Time! -xo AGT