I finished my training and arrived in NYC just in time to attend the Pre-Westminster Fashion Show held at Hotel Pennsylvania Penn Top Ballroom to benefit Animal Welfare (AC&C of NYC). This event is the precursor to 136th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show being held at Madison Square Gardens on February 13th – 14th, and the hotel which is conveniently located right across the street from MSG hosts many of the events guests. A Venetian theme set the tone for the evening, as parents and pups arrived to the hotel dress in beautiful and fun costumes and masks.
Pups and Parents checked in, took photos, and mingled around the room. There were a number of vendors, free treats for pups, and free food for parents to check out while waiting for the fashion show to begin.
The runway show was fabulous – it was so fun to watch all the pups strut their stuff down the runway in their Venetian costumes!
When pups weren’t working the runway, they enjoyed treats and played with friends old and new. I was pretty impressed at how well behaved all of the dogs were.
I need a couple of clones. So many things are happening next week! I wish I could attend the Dog Show on Monday and Tuesday, but I to work and attend a few other events. I definitely enjoyed playing with the pups and seeing them on the runway. The Chief Tasting Officer, Snoball, of Spoil Me Rotten Dog Biscuits was one of my favs. She is so stinkin CUTE! Every time you walk up to her she smiles and runs to you even if she doesn’t know who you are.
Featured designers at the event
Roni Goldberg (Pet Hats)
Check out more pictures from the event below:
Good Luck to all the pups next week!
Facts on Westminster:
- The Westminster Kennel Club was established in 1877, making it America’s oldest organization dedicated to the sport of purebred dogs.
- First held in 1877, the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is America’s second-longest continuously held sporting event, behind only the Kentucky Derby..
- Westminster pre-dates the invention of the light bulb and the automobile, the building of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Washington Monument, the invention of basketball and the establishment of the World Series.
- Since Westminster held its first show 133 years ago, there have been 25 men elected president and 12 states have joined the Union. The dog show has outlasted three previous versions of Madison Square Garden, and is currently being staged in MSG IV.
- The first telecast of Westminster was in 1948, three years before “I Love Lucy” premiered.
- A portion of the proceeds from Westminster’s first show in 1877 was donated to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) to establish a home for stray and disabled animals.
- The Empire State Building first honored Westminster by lighting its tower in the Westminster colors of purple and gold in 2004 and will do so again in 2012.
- There have been a total of 301,650 dogs entered in Westminster’s 134 shows through 2011
Visit my Facebook page for more pics from the event!
Love AGT :)