Last weekend I checked out the 2nd Annual Vegetarian Food Festival and the NY Wine Expo. Did anyone go to the Beer Craft Festival?
The 5th Annual NY Wine Expo was held from March 2-4th at the Jacob Javits Convention Center.
I walked around with friends tasting wines from all over the world. My 2 all time favorites were a 2010 Malbec (so smooth) from Chile and a bottle of Pinotage (has a hint of a coffee flavor) from South Africa.
The Vegetarian Festival was a 2-day event held at The Metropolitan Pavilion on West 18th Street in Manhattan. I attended both days, since I had friends who wanted to attend, but couldn’t all attend on the same day. Saturday, I didn’t get there until around 1:30pm and as I approached the entrance I regretted not purchasing a VIP ticket to skip the line. People were lined up almost to the end of the block! Surprisingly though, it only took about 15-20min to wait in line and when you’re chatting with friends it goes by rather quickly. We each paid $5 and proceeded in. Near the entrance a Whole Foods table was set up as well as a table of screen printed T-shirts for purchase. The venue was pretty crowded, so patience was absolutely necessary, but people were pretty friendly and mindful of those around them. I checked out half of the vendors and saved the rest for next day. On Sunday, I arrived with friends around 11:30am and there was no line to get it in and it was a bit easier to maneuver once inside.
I tried so many new and yummy things while at the festival and picked up quite a few goodies.
- Faux Gras from the Regal Vegan – fell in love at the Holiday Green Festival in December
- Snacks and Salad Toppers from Sheffa – I bought 3 bags they!
- Spicy Vegan Queso from Brooklyn Bodega – took me by surprise!
- Mint Chip Ice Cream from the Raw Ice Cream Company – taste like the real thing!
- A cookbook – Eat Vegan on $4 A Day By Ellan Jones
- Vegan Marshmallows from Sweet & Sarah – I actually like them better than regular marshmallows
- Vegan Sushi from Beyond Sushi – So Yummy!
- Empanadas from the V-Spot
- Vegan Cavier – not my favorite, not bad but definitely an acquired taste.
Just to name a few. I also discover that I do not like vegan chocolate – it’s just not for me. I’ll take the real thing
Check out more pics below!
This weekend I think I’m going to take it easy. Write a “Me” day in the planner before all of the March birthday madness begins next week.
Love AGT :)