Sunday Inspiriation is a new weekly post that will highlight things that are currently inspiring me and getting me through the week. I love seeing the American flag flying high. It gives me a great sense of pride in my … Continue reading
The holidays are fast approaching and we are entering the season to give. The time to think of others – those we know and love and those in need that we have never met.. Of course anytime is a time to give, but we always feel alittle more inclined to give back just a little bit more during the holidays because it’s a time of family and friends, and we want to help those who are without.
Now, more than ever with the impact that Hurricane Sandy has had on the NY/NJ area we are all looking for ways to help. You can buy local products and dine out to support local businesses if you are the NY/NJ area, and you can also visit these websites to find more ways to help:
- American Red Cross – http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
- Staten Island Recovers – https://statenisland.recovers.org/
- The Lower Eastside Recovers – https://lowereastside.recovers.org/
- Red Hook Recovers – https://redhook.recovers.org/
- The Foodbank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties – http://www.foodbankmoc.org/
I have 3 giveways prepared for my fabulous readers and the first one kicks off today! The NYC area has tons of small businesses that were impacted during the hurricane, so today’s giveaway is dedicated to small businesses in Brooklyn, and is sponsered by Moi :) I LOVE buying local when I can!
Bring a little bit of Brooklyn home with you, or share it with someone else :) Enter for you chance to win:
- Common Good Lavender Hand Soap (Dye Free and not tested on animals)
- The Salty Road Salty Caramel Salt Water Taffy
- Anarchy in a Jar Strawberry Balsamic Jam
- Tuckerfields My Chai Organic Loose Leaf Tea
- NuNu Chocolates Salt Caramel
This giveaway is open to residents in the USA only. To enter you must do both and leave a comment here for each:
“Like” A Girl Travels on Facebook and/or tell me how you like to give back during the holiday season.
Tweet “I just entered the @agirltravels latest #giveaway, you can too!”
The giveaway closes at 11:59pm on November 14, 2012 and the winner will be chosen using random.org. Best of luck to you all and Happy Holidays!
Love AGT :)